Tonight I’m making an Italian Penne Pasta for dinner with grilled chicken strips. I am tired of chili and warm, hearty soups. I want a cold pasta salad that transports me to the middle of July, sitting on a picnic blanket watching a band live.
For me, a cold pasta salad is the bees knees. What makes you feel like summer?
Grace’s Italian Penne Pasta Salad
- 1 cup Asiago Peppercorn Dressing
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 1/2 pounds grilled or roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pitted kalamata olives, halved (I omit – I hate olives)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 6 sundried tomatoes packed in oil, diced
- 2 medium roasted sweet peppers (in jar) packed in water, sliced thin
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves, cleaned
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients with Asiago Peppercorn Salad Dressing. Toss well. Serve. Store remaining portion, covered in the refrigerator.